Caution: Contents Cause Comfort
By: Emily Bertha
From meals to wallets, people rightly want to know about what is in the things they use (or eat) most. We know you are curious about what materials make up your Eight Mattress too, so we decided to break it down. Stop, mattress time!
The technology layer of the Eight Smart Mattress is a thin mattress cover that has sleep tracking sensors built in to track respiratory rate, heart rate, and ultimately your sleep overall. These sensors also can warm up your bed when you turn it on from the Eight app. This layer is 100% polyester, so it is durable and easy to wash and dry.
Eight mattresses are made with four layers of foam. The first layer is made a foam that feels more like latex. This unique foam bounces back to its original shape and provides immense comfort and support.
- 1st layer: 2 inch reactive poly foam, density of 3.0 PCF (pounds per cubic foot), bounces like latex but feels like foam, provides comfort while staying cool
- 2nd layer: 2 inch contouring memory foam, 4.0 PCF, provides pressure relief
- 3rd layer: 2 inch supportive transition poly foam, 1.8 PCF, adds additional comfort and weight distribution,
- 4th layer: 4 inch high density support base foam, 1.8 PCF, provides a durable foundation, highly breathable, adds the right amount of firmness
The high density of the foam in the Eight Mattress sets it apart from competitors. This allows you to get the most comfortable, undisturbed sleep while providing better support and durability.
All our foams are CertiPUR-US® approved which means they are:
- Made without ozone depleters
- Made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (“Tris”) flame retardants
- Made without mercury, lead and other heavy metals
- Made without formaldehyde
- Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)
Eight mattresses are made well and made to last. You can sleep soundly knowing the materials in your Eight mattress are safe for you and any little ones crawling into bed with you.